CagriSema in people living with obesity and cardiovascular diseases
Athena Philis-Tsimikas, M.D.
The REDEFINE 3 study is evaluating the investigational use of the combination of cagrilinitide and semaglutide (CagriSema) to help treat obesity and impact cardiovascular risk factors. The overall goal is to investigate the long-term safety of CagriSema on the cardiovascular system.
• Have had a stroke, a heart attack (myocardial infarction),
or have poor circulation (peripheral arterial disease)
• Be 55 years of age or older
• Be living with obesity (BMI = 30 kg/m2 )
• Be able to attend regular clinic visits and receive phone
calls over a period of 3 years
• Meet all other eligibility criteria
Patients must not:
• Be pregnant, breastfeeding or plan to get pregnant during
the study period
Participants will be randomized (like the flip of a coin) to CagriSema plus standard of care or matched placebo plus standard of care. The study consists of a screening period to assess eligibility, a 156-week treatment period and a 7-week follow-up period. The total study duration is expected to be about 41 months.