Invite your friends, family and neighbors to come to the Volunteer Open House to learn the first steps of becoming a volunteer at any of our Scripps locations.
You’ll be able to meet our staff and other volunteers, learn about all our volunteer requirements, benefits and available positions. Volunteers must be 15 or older and commit to four hours per week for a minimum of six months.
Our volunteers play a valuable role in fulfilling the Scripps mission by promoting the health and wellbeing of our patients. Plus, you’ll gain valuable experience, learn new skills, make friends and meet others who share your interests.
Some volunteer opportunities include:
- Assisting patients on nursing units in critical care areas, including labor and delivery, and providing companionship and emotional support to patients
- Helping family members in waiting rooms or at the information desk
- Supporting administrative departments with clerical tasks
- Assisting with short-term assignments in fundraising, marketing or executive health
- Duties in the gift shop, canine therapy program or the craft unit (making patient tray favors or knitting newborn baby beanies)
There is no obligation to attend.
- Scripps Green Hospital and Clinic, Torrey Pines
- AOP Lobby
- La Jolla, CA 9203710666 N. Torrey Pines Rd
|Thu, Aug 10th, 2017 - Thu, Aug 10th, 2017||11 am - 1 pm||Free|