Updated July 21, 2021 — Your health and safety are our number one priority at Scripps. If you haven’t received the COVID-19 vaccine yet, we encourage you to get your vaccine wherever possible and as soon as possible. Appointments for the COVID vaccine can be made through the MyScripps patient portal or by calling 858-554-7439.
- mRNA vaccines — Vaccines from Moderna and Pfizer are mRNA vaccines, a new approach to vaccinations. Johnson & Johnson is a viral vector vaccine.
- Vaccine safety — The FDA has granted Emergency Use Authorizations for three COVID-19 vaccines, which have been shown to be safe and effective.
- Vaccine dosage — The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are administered in two doses, with the second shot given three to four weeks respectively after the first. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is a single dose.
- What to expect — Side effects include fever, body aches and fatigue. These minor reactions mean your immune system is working.
- Vaccinations in the US — See how many total doses have been administered so far.