Hilton Torrey Pines, La Jolla, California
The Second Annual Advanced Therapeutic Interventions to Optimize Obesity and Diabetes Care symposium will highlight the latest concepts and devices in the treatment of obesity and diabetes. The symposium will offer specialists and primary care providers an interactive venue where leading experts will discuss diabetes prevention, obesity management, starting and progressing care, advanced diabetes care, managing co-morbid conditions, and emerging trends and technology for diabetes patients. The course will be taught by nationally and internationally known experts who are actively involved in clinical trials and studies related to the management of obesity and diabetes. Physicians will be provided with the necessary context to integrate the relevant information into their practices to improve the quality of life for their affected patients. They will be provided a tool-kit for patient management and education that helps address patient barriers.
After attending this live activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the latest reimbursement methods available for diabetes prevention interventions.
- Recognize and implement the latest therapeutic options for obesity management.
- Understand how to integrate the new diabetes management options into the care of patients with diabetes in a real-world setting including: Digital monitoring, oral agents that minimize adverse side effects, and combination injectable agents, Initiating and advancing newer insulin agents.
- Develop individualized approaches for effectively improving outcomes of co-morbid conditions of diabetes including: Dyslipidemia management with a focus on Lp(a) and PCSK9 inhibitors, renal insufficiency and optimizing management, painful neuropathy management, and peripheral vascular disease diagnosis and management to lower risk of amputations.
- Evaluate hot topics in diabetes and learn how emerging technologies and future strategies will mitigate current barriers in diabetes care.
Physicians (MD, DO)
Scripps Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Scripps Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course is supported, in part, by educational grants from industry, in accordance with ACCME accreditation Standards for Commercial Support. Appropriate acknowledgement will be given to all supporters at the time of the educational activity.
Cultural and Linguistic Competency
This activity is in compliance with California Assembly Bill 1195, which requires that all CME activities comprising a patient care element include curriculum addressing the topic of cultural and linguistic competency. The intent of this bill is to ensure that health care professionals are able to meet the cultural and linguistic concerns of a diverse patient population through effective and appropriate professional development. The planners, speakers and authors of this CME activity have been encouraged to address issues relevant in their topic area. A variety of resources are available that address cultural and linguistic competency, some of which can be found in the Cultural & Linguistic Competency Resource Guide.
- Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
- La Jolla, CA 9203710950 North Torrey Pines Road
|Fri, Oct 21st, 2016 - Sat, Oct 22nd, 2016||8 am - 5 pm|