Mon - Fri: 7:30 am - 5 pm
Paid parking is available in several parking structures located on the Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla campus.
- Coffee cart
- Gift shop
- Healing garden
- Spiritual care
- Valet parking
- Chapel or meditation room
- Pet therapy
- Paid parking (cash and credit)
Located on the campus of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, the Ronny Schwartz Center for Voice, Swallowing and Motility Disorders offers highly specialized therapy for children and adults who have trouble speaking or swallowing.
While Scripps offers some traditional voice therapy and swallowing therapy services at several locations in San Diego, our most advanced diagnostic equipment is located at the Ronny Schwartz Center for Voice, Swallowing and Motility Disorders. Patients are referred to the Ronny Schwartz Center from all over the country because of our advanced diagnostic tools and breadth of experience.
Our team of certified therapists work collaboratively to diagnose your medical condition, create a customized treatment plan and help restore your quality of life. Our wide range of services for children and adults includes:
- Speech-language therapy to address a number of issues that can affect the vocal cords, including age-related changes, medical conditions and trauma
- Special one-on-one therapy for people who use their voices professionally
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment for people with Parkinson’s disease
- Therapy for people who have trouble swallowing due to neurological conditions, birth defects, or brain injury
- Infant feeding evaluations and International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)-certified lactation services
- Specialized therapy and support services for people who have been diagnosed with head or neck cancer
- Evaluation of motility disorders that can cause long-term acid reflux, heartburn and chronic cough
- Advanced diagnostic tools including high-definition videostroboscopy and high-resolution esophageal manometry
Please note that you’ll need a referral from your doctor prior to receiving care at the Ronny Schwartz Center.
Scripps charges for parking after 30 minutes. We also offer valet parking for an additional fee. Our rates are as follows:
- First 30 minutes: Free
- 31 minutes to 3 hours: $4
- Each additional hour after 3 hours: $1
- Maximum per day: $10
- Valet parking: Additional $5
Parking for disabled visitors, expectant mothers and clergy is free:
- Visitors with disabilities can receive validation from a valet attendant
- Expectant mothers can receive validation from the medical office they visit
- Clergy can receive validation in the hospital’s administrative office