Scripps Green Hospital staff contributed to an article in the San Diego Union Tribune that reminds patients to be sure to get essential information before leaving the hospital.
Home from the Hospital advises patients to communicate with hospital staff well before discharge about going home, and what to expect. Important issues to address include:
- Special instructions for medications
- How to care for wounds, sensitive joints, and other parts of the body that are healing
- Signs and symptoms that might indicate a problem
- Who to call if you have a problem
- Any follow-up appointments scheduled