In this week’s installment of The San Diego Union-Tribune’s “Savvy Patient” column, Scripps Health provides insights into the issue of preparing for surgery.
Here are a few basic guidelines:
- Provide a full list of all medications prior to the surgery date
- Disclose any recreational drug use
- Inform your anesthesiologist of any previous problems with anesthesia
- Keep a restricted diet at least eight hours before surgery
- Arrange for a ride home after the surgery
Read the full article for more: Things you can do to prepare for surgery