Scripps’ phone carrier is experiencing an outage that is affecting some phone lines and faxes. Temporary phone numbers are listed on our Contact Us page. We apologize for any inconvenience and will provide updates as they are available.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Internet Explorer 11 has been retired by Microsoft as of June 15, 2022. To get the best experience on this website, we recommend using a modern browser, such as Safari, Chrome or Edge.

×

Moderation Key to Keeping Off Holiday Pounds

Scripps Dietitian Offers Advice for Avoiding Weight Gain

Scripps Health dietitian, Misha Biden, gives advice regarding eating in moderation, to keep off extra pounds during the holidays.

The holidays are a time for gathering together with family and friends, often while enjoying food and drinks. Scripps dietitian Misha Biden, R.D., was interviewed by U-T San Diego regarding proven methods to avoid packing on the holiday pounds.


“(Enjoying) one or two cookies and savoring each bite is fine, but don’t go overboard,” Biden said. “Stay on your normal, healthy meal plan 95 percent of the time, and the other 5 percent of the time, allow yourself to enjoy special holiday treats.”


Read the U-T San Diego interview Everything in moderation key to keeping off extra pounds

Media Contact

Kristin Reinhardt
619-686-3787