“This prestigious designation as a Center of Excellence recognizes our commitment to provide a multidisciplinary approach to our patients that produces a continuum of care leading to the best possible outcomes for our patients,” said Ajay Srivastava, MD, a heart failure specialist and the program’s other co-director.
Other clinical members of the Scripps HCM team include:
- Rajeev Mohan, MD, heart failure specialist
- Matthew Price, MD, director of the cardiac catheterization laboratory
- Michael Smith, MD, echocardiography laboratory director
- Curtiss Stinis, MD, director of vascular interventions
- J. Thomas Heywood, MD, director of heart failure
- John Rogers, MD, director of pacemaker clinic
- Nicholas Olson, MD, electrophysiologist
- Paul Teirstein, MD, chief of cardiology
- George Wesbey III, MD, cardiovascular radiologist
“The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association is pleased to welcome Scripps Clinic to our family of Center of Excellence programs,” said Lisa Salberg, founder and CEO of the nonprofit group, which is the largest organization serving those with HCM, their families and care providers. “Patients and families benefit by having a team of highly skilled clinicians as well as the emotional support they need to manage living with a genetic heart condition that may impact many other members of the family as well.”
For more information about the Scripps Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Program, call 858-824-2018 or visit www.scripps.org/hcm.
The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association, HCMA, was founded in 1996 as an international resource for patients, families and the medical community on matters of importance to the HCM community. HCM is a genetic heart muscle disorder affection 1 in 300 people worldwide. The HCMA provides service to enhance understanding, provide support, foster research, ensure high quality health care and support public policies of importance to the community. The HCMA is a 501c(3)with offices in Denville, N.J., and online at www.4hcm.org. For more information contact us at 973-983-7429.
Learn more about Scripps Health, a nonprofit integrated health system in San Diego, Calif.