- Cardiovascular Disease
Jorge Gonzalez, MD, is the director of the advanced cardiovascular imaging program (cardiac CT and MRI), and the hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and aorta programs for Scripps Clinic. Dr. Gonzalez is board-certified in cardiovascular disease, internal medicine, adult comprehensive echocardiography and nuclear cardiology.
These conditions include: hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, coronary anomalies, coronary artery disease, amyloidosis, sarcoidosis, myocarditis, pericarditis, arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia (ARVD), aortic aneurysms, aortic dissections and cardiac tumors among other diseases.
Dr. Gonzalez earned his medical degree from Central University of Venezuela, Luis Razetti School of Medicine, Caracas, Venezuela, 2004 (Universidad Central de Venezuela, Escuela Luis Razetti) and completed a residency in internal medicine and fellowship in cardiology at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia. He completed a two-year fellowship sponsored by the National Institute of Health in advanced cardiovascular imaging at the University of Virginia.
Dr. Gonzalez believes that patients should be in control of their own health by working closely with their physicians to make educated decisions. He partners with his patients to provide them with evidence-based information and recommendations.
When Dr. Gonzalez is not caring for patients, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons discovering playgrounds throughout San Diego. He enjoys exploring different cuisines that represent his diverse family heritage, including Cuban, Spanish, Chinese, Italian and Venezuelan. True to his heritage, he enjoys cheering for Real Madrid soccer club. Dr. Gonzalez also speaks fluent Spanish.
Dr. Gonzalez ve pacientes en cardiología general y se encarga del departamento de imágenes cardiovasculares avanzadas en Scripps Clinic. Discute los beneficios que Scripps ofrece a los pacientes, incluido el reconocimiento nacional por la mejor atención cardiológica en la ciudad de San Diego e investigación clinica.
- Alliance for Physician Certification and Advancement, Nuclear Cardiology, 2016
- National Board of Echocardiography, Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography, 2014
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiology, 2014
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2011
- Universidad Central de Venezuela - Escuela Luis Razetti, MD, 2004
- Temple University School of Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2011
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Imaging, 2016
- Temple University School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, 2014
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Lipids/Omega-3 Fatty Acids, 2008
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.