- Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
Kevin Shaw, MD, is a critical care physician who treats patients in the intensive care unit. His philosophy of care focuses on patient autonomy, with the primary goal of restoring patients to their previous level of function and a high quality of life.
Dr. Shaw employs daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU, welcoming patients and their families to join in the discussion to provide answers to whatever questions may arise. Prior to joining Scripps Health, Dr. Shaw's primary focus was cystic fibrosis research and clinical care.
He has also worked in medical education, directing a Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship program as well as teaching courses in pulmonary diseases. His hobbies include surfing, skateboarding, building model aircraft and playing softball on a team with his brother.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, 2011
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, 2010
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2007
- University of California, San Diego, MD, 2004
- University of Utah, Internal Medicine, 2007
- University of California, San Diego, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine, 2010
Kevin D Shaw MD