Kace Ezzet, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Reconstructive Surgery
Kace Ezzet, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon with subspecialty training in total joint replacement and lower extremity reconstruction. He has expertise in reconstructive surgery and total joint replacement of the hip and knee, as well as knee arthroscopy. He also has a special interest in complex primary joint replacement and revision surgery.
His current research interests include:
- Wear simulation studies of artificial hips and knees
- Studies of force on prosthetic implants
- Clinical outcome studies of patients with artificial joints
- Retrieval studies of explanted (worn out) artificial joints
- Potential benefits of minimally invasive joint replacement surgery
Dr. Ezzet is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and a diplomat of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is also a member of the American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons and the International Orthopaedic Society (SICOT). He has published many articles and conducted presentations at medical conferences on a variety of topics related to joint replacement surgery. Dr Ezzet’s various research projects have been presented at numerous scientific meetings including the annual meetings of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the Western Orthopaedic Association and SICOT. He is also on the editorial board for the Journal of Arthroplasty. Dr. Ezzet performs his research in conjunction with the Scripps Clinic Center for Orthopaedic Research and Education (SCORE).
A southern California native, Dr. Ezzet was born and raised in Los Angeles.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 1998
- University of Southern California School of Medicine, MD, 1989
- Tulane University School of Medicine, Internship-Surgery, 1990
- Tulane University School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1994
- Scripps Clinic, Joint Reconstructive Surgery, 1995
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.