Frank Mayer, MD, FACP, is a Board Certified Gastroenterologist practicing at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. He received his medical education at the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed his residency at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) San Fernando Valley Medical Program. He completed a fellowship in Gastroenterology at the UCLA Combined Program from 1981-83. He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. Dr. Mayer maintains membership in the American Gastroenterological Association, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, American Association for Study of Liver Disease and has chaired several committees at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla. He is an Expert Medical Reviewer for the State of California.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, 1983
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1981
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, MD, 1978
- VA Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1979
- VA Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1981
- VA Medical Center, Gastroenterology, 1983