Showing 11-20 news of 332 total
A Scripps oncologist explains how doctors today are able to better tell whether a patient needs chemotherapy as part of their breast cancer treatment.
- Wednesday, October 10th, 2018
- Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center, Fifth Avenue, Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center, John J. Hopkins Drive, Scripps Clinic
Scripps radiation oncologists explain how advances in radiation therapy have made this cancer treatment safer and more effective treating many forms of cancers.
- Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018
- Scripps Clinic Radiation Therapy Center, Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center, John J. Hopkins Drive
Learn how a partnership between MD Anderson and Scripps Health could advance cancer treatment and improve cancer outcomes in San Diego.
- Monday, October 1st, 2018
- Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center, John J. Hopkins Drive
A new study shows many prostate cancer patients can be treated effectively using stereotactic body radiation therapy. Scripps participated in the study.
- Wednesday, September 19th, 2018
- Scripps Clinic Radiation Therapy Center - Vista
Three Scripps Clinic radiation therapy centers have received accreditation from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
- Thursday, September 13th, 2018
- Scripps Clinic Radiation Therapy Center - Vista, Scripps Clinic Radiation Therapy Center - Encinitas
Ramdev Konijeti, MD, discusses new prostate cancer screening guidelines as well as risk factors, including family history, and treatments on KUSI.
The survival rate for colorectal cancer is high when caught early through screening. Learn why colonoscopies are recommended to detect colon or rectal cancer.
When used with other cancer treatments, immunotherapy is showing promise for improving cancer survival rates with few side effects.
Can immunotherapy cure cancer? Only time will tell, but the outlook for cancer immunotherapy is promising. Learn how immunotherapy works and who's a candidate.
Scripps medical providers conducted a free skin cancer clinic for local lifeguards recently. KUSI featured the event and interviewed Dr. Hugh Greenway,
- Tuesday, July 31st, 2018
- Bighorn Mohs Surgery and Dermatology Center