Scripps provides comprehensive care and advanced treatment options for patients with hormone imbalances and metabolic conditions.
The most common endocrinal diseases include:
- Diabetes is a metabolic disorder where the body does not produce the correct amount of the hormone insulin. Scripps provides comprehensive care for all types of diabetes including Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes at Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute.
- Thyroid disease
- The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland in the throat that rest in front of the windpipe. The thyroid produces hormones that help regulate metabolism, growth, development and body temperature. Common thyroid conditions include:Hyperthyroidism
- Thyroiditis—also called Hashimoto’s disease
- Thyroid cancer
- Adrenal gland disorders
- The adrenal glands are located above the kidneys and produce several hormones including cortisol, which is released in response to stress.
- Pituitary gland disorders
- The pituitary gland is a small gland located at the base of the brain that produces growth and sexual development hormones. It also helps regulate the hormones produced by the adrenal glands and thyroid.