The spiritual care services offered at Scripps Hospitals in San Diego provide non-denominational spiritual and emotional support for patients, families and staff. Our chaplains are respectful of diverse spiritual beliefs, religious convictions and cultural practices.
Scripps Health recognizes the importance of caring for the whole person as part of the healing process.
Our staff of spiritual care counselors are available to:
- Provide whatever emotional and spiritual support patients need
- Assist patients’ general comfort in the hospital
- Facilitate communication and decision-making between patients and medical staff
- Comfort families in difficult times
- Arrange for patients’ own clergy, rabbi or spiritual advisor to visit