Investing in Our Communities
Comprehensive giving demands a targeted approach
Scripps Health touches countless lives in San Diego. We are proud of our multifaceted community efforts, which expand access to vitally needed health care services and improve the quality of life for people throughout the region. Keeping patients at the center of everything we do, Scripps collaborates with other health systems, community groups, government agencies, businesses and community clinics to serve the greatest needs and prioritize our investments in the health of our community.
Facts and figures
Facts and figures
In fiscal year 2022, Scripps Health devoted $692 million to community benefit programs, with over $17 million in charitable care. We offer many free and low-cost services, as well as support groups, screenings for key health indicators, youth programs, special education for pregnant women, advocacy services and more.
Cash and in-kind contributions
Cash and in-kind contributions are made by Scripps to community groups and programs that provide community benefit. In-kind contributions include the cost of staff time, when activities are done by staff on the organization’s payroll during working hours.
The following are some of the organizations Scripps contributed to in fiscal year 2022:
Sponsorships, grants and in-kind donations
- American Heart Association Heart Walk - Sponsorship
- Consumer Center for Health Education and Advocacy (CCHEA)
- Family Health Center of San Diego Internal Medicine Outpatient Teaching Clinic Partnership
- Family Health Centers of San Diego - Spirit of the Barrio
- Greater La Jolla Meals on Wheels
- Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center
- MedShare - Donation for Ukraine Response
- San Ysidro Health Center
- Scripps Blanket and Sock Drive