Cardiovascular Fellowship Research
Program highlights of the research track
- The track is funded by the NIH as part of the Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA). This is a coveted NIH grant, which is sought after by every major academic program. There are only 43 CTSA hubs and Scripps hosts the only non-university-based program.
- The third year of fellowship is dedicated to 10 months of research.
- The fourth year is spent as faculty while pursuing NIH-funded research.
- Our research activities are performed in conjunction with Scripps Research and the KL2 Clinical Scholars Program at Scripps Research.
- All award recipients will pursue a Master’s Degree in Clinical and Translational Investigation from Scripps Research Graduate Doctoral Program. The program has been ranked in the top 10 by US News & World Report.
Highlights of research at Scripps
- For those fellows not in the research track, they may have 7-10 months of research including dedicated time in their first two years
- The opportunity to work with national leaders in their field of clinical research
- Institutional research support including statisticians, poster creation and funding for publication
Active research at Scripps
The Scripps Division of Cardiology is involved in a broad range of research activities, as well as many multicenter randomized, controlled trials.
Fellows may be involved in research in the following areas:
- Interventional and structural cardiology
- Imaging: Nuclear, CT and MRI
- Heart failure
- Translational research (Scripps Research Translational Institute)
- The Scripps Research Translational Institute is focused on individualized medicine
- Personalized medicine utilizing tools such as genomics, digital medicine, AI and machine learning
- Basic science (Scripps Research)
- Scripps Research is the largest, private, nonprofit biomedical research organization in the world
- Ranked No. 1 in the Nature Index Lens score which measures the degree of influence exerted by the research produced by an organization
- Faculty list