- Scripps Polster Breast Cancer Center
- 9850 Genesee Avenue,
- La Jolla, CA 92037 Get directions
- Phone Number
- Clinic Hours
Mon. - Fri.: 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Clinic Hours
Mon. - Fri.: 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Self-parking is $4 for the first three hours.Valet services are available for an additional $5. A discounted parking voucher is available to patients who require treatment three or more times in a single week.
- Coffee cart
- Gift shop
- Outpatient pharmacy
- Paid parking (cash and credit)
Scripps Polster Breast Care Center is the first in San Diego to offer personalized, compassionate breast care in one convenient location. We offer the full range of services to help you maintain your breast health. Our specialists are here to talk with you about your breast health, perform your annual mammogram or support you if you are living with breast cancer.
Located on the ground floor of the Ximed building on the campus of Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, we offer free Wi-Fi and a fully stocked coffee cart to help make your visit as pleasant as possible.
We offer the latest in mammography technology and breast imaging, including:
- Digital mammography
- 3-D mammography
- Advanced breast biopsies
- Breast MRI
Learn more about types of breast imaging we provide.
More and more women choose our breast care center for our:
- Depth of experience and expertise
- Personalized care
- Emphasis on prevention and early detection
- Robust resources and support
Read more about diagnostic mammograms.
We’ve designed our center around you, creating a calm, relaxing environment.
- Warm, friendly staff and clinicians
- Spa-like atmosphere
- Complimentary chair massages
- Variety of gourmet teas and coffee
- Plush robes to wear while you wait
- Lockers to store personal items
- Specialty boutique and gift shop
- Free Wi-Fi
- Outpatient pharmacy
Our team delivers a wide range of breast care and support services for our patients, including:
- Education and consultation services
- Therapy programs and support services
- Wellness programs
- Full spectrum of breast cancer care at Scripps La Jolla hospital
The mission of the Scripps Polster Breast Care Center is to enhance the well-being of our patients through excellent, personalized care. We provide comprehensive and compassionate breast care throughout all of our programs and services as well as those of the physician specialists affiliated with Scripps Health. Our center is accredited by the American College of Radiology, American College of Surgeons and The Joint Commission.
When you walk into our center, you know that you are getting the highest quality treatment available in a comfortable and supportive environment. Our warm, welcoming staff members have years of experience providing sensitive, specialized care for women.
Scripps Polster Breast Care Center is the first in San Diego to offer personalized, compassionate breast care in one convenient location, including:
Experience and expertise
Your breast care team, including experienced health care professionals, registered nurses and physicians, works with the latest imaging technology for screening and diagnosis. Digital mammography and breast MRI enables us to save valuable time in diagnosing cancer, so we can begin treatment right away.
Screening and diagnosis takes place in a warm, friendly environment. On-site radiologists provide timely test results. A computer-aided detection system analyzes all digital screening mammograms, resulting in a high level of accuracy. A registered nurse is available to provide education on self breast exams.
Education and support
We offer the latest information on every aspect of breast care, from prevention and detection to treatment and therapy. Our registered nurses provide community outreach and education on breast cancer, self-exam techniques and general breast health. Women living with breast cancer can talk with counselors, join a support group and meet with breast cancer survivors.
We are dedicated to giving you the personal care you deserve. We listen to your concerns and work with you to make informed decisions. We encourage you and your family to ask questions and take an active role in your care.
Regular mammography exams are the best way to detect any breast problems early on, when treatment can be most successful. We use the advanced imaging technology to get detailed, accurate images of your breast tissue. Our expert radiologists who specialize in breast care perform the imaging scans and analyze the results.
Imaging services we provide include:
This uses low-dose radiation to obtain high-resolution images of your breasts. We provide two types:
- Digital mammography, analyzed by a computer-aided detection (CAD) system. We use this for both screening and diagnostic purposes. Find out more about digital mammography.
- 3-D mammography (tomosynthesis), which provides the sharpest images for screening and diagnostics.
An ultrasound procedure uses a microphone-like instrument to scan over the skin and send sound waves into the body that bounce off of tissue and reflect back to the transducer, where they are recorded and displayed as real-time images.
We remove a small sample of breast tissue for analysis, using the latest technology to ensure the most accurate and least invasive procedure.
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
Molecular breast imaging (MBI)
This can identify tumors that are not visible in a traditional mammogram. We inject short-lived radioactive particles that accumulate in tumor cells more than normal cells, allowing us to detect abnormalities.
This helps us to determine the extent of disease, monitor response to therapy in breast cancer patients and further evaluate any breast abnormalities. Read more about breast MRI.
Needle localization prior to surgery
Our team uses needle localization to accurately identify the location of the breast abnormality before beginning surgery.
Scripps Polster Breast Care Center offers comprehensive, coordinated care for the full spectrum of breast care. Our caring staff focuses on meeting your individual needs. Services we provide include:
Education and consultation services
- Instruction on breast self-exam
- Education about your breast health
- Breast cancer education and consultation
- A reference library offering educational materials for loan and Internet access for browsing online resources
- Genetic education and testing services
Therapy programs and support services
Support groups for women with breast cancer, free of charge. You do not have to be a Scripps patient to participate. Find out more about our support groups.
- The lymphedema management program offers an individualized treatment program that incorporates physical and occupational therapy.
- The Breast Buddy peer support program matches a breast cancer survivor with a patient to provide support through diagnosis, treatment and recovery of breast cancer.
- Healthy lifestyle programs
- Nutritional counseling
Breast cancer treatment service
Breast surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy are available at Scripps La Jolla and throughout the Scripps system.
Find out more about our patient resources.