Scripps Clinic Breaks Ground on New Rancho Bernardo Facility
State of the art clinic will be home to 80 physicians and 25 specialties
San Diego, CA, October 23, 2006 – Scripps Clinic broke ground on a 146,000-square foot outpatient care facility in Rancho Bernardo on Oct. 27, 2006. A 9 a.m. ceremony commemorated the launch of the construction project, which is scheduled for completion in November 2008.
The new six-story clinic will be built across the street from Scripps’ current Rancho Bernardo clinic, located at 15025 Innovation Drive. Services will be expanded and new technology added, thanks to an additional 60,000 square feet that will be available at the replacement facility.
Enhancements will include a high-tech, fully-digital imaging center, including digital mammography; expanded urgent care and primary care services; on-site ambulatory surgery; and improved parking. More than 80 physicians and 250 employees representing 25 specialties will practice at the new Rancho Bernardo facility.
Specialties will include:
- Chest Medicine
- Dermatology & Mohs Surgery
- Family Practice
- General Surgery & Organ Transplantation
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Urgent Care
“2006 marks the 20th year that Scripps Clinic has served the Rancho Bernardo community,” said Larry Harrison, Scripps Clinic CEO. “With the opening of our new clinic in 2008, we are reaffirming our commitment to provide high quality care to the people of Rancho Bernardo by providing better access to physicians and offering the latest advancements in medical technology.”
Conveniently located near the intersection of Interstate 15 and Highway 56, Scripps Clinic was the first health care provider in the Rancho Bernardo area.
The October 27 groundbreaking ceremony included remarks from key officials representing the Rancho Bernardo community, Scripps Clinic, and Kilroy Realty Corporation, the developer for the new Scripps facility.
About Scripps Clinic
Founded in 1924, Scripps Clinic is a multi-specialty, outpatient care facility caring for patients at multiple locations throughout San Diego County including Torrey Pines, Del Mar, Carmel Valley, Encinitas, La Jolla, Mission Valley, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho San Diego, and Santee. Scripps Clinic and its physicians are world-renowned for research-driven care and medical specialty expertise and is an operating unit of Scripps Health, a not-for-profit, community-based health care delivery network that includes more than 2,600 affiliated physicians, five acute-care hospitals, home health care, and associated support services. Scripps Health is one of the largest health care organizations in San Diego County, drawing from the expertise of more than 10,000 health care professionals.
Scripps Clinic Rancho Bernardo at a glance
By the numbers:
- 20 – Number of years Scripps Clinic has been caring for the Rancho Bernardo community
- 90,000 – Square footage of the current Rancho Bernardo clinic
- 146,000 – Square footage of the new Rancho Bernardo clinic
- 11/2008 – Month and year the new clinic will open
- 25 – Number of specialties planned for the new facility
- 80+ – Number of physicians who will practice at the new clinic
- 250+ – Number of nurses, medical assistants and employees at Scripps Clinic Rancho Bernardo
Benefits of rebuilding:
- Expanded primary care, providing better access for same-day appointments
- Expanded urgent care services, providing shorter wait times
- Fully digital imaging center, including digital mammography
- Improved parking free of charge for patients and visitors
- On-site state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center
- On-site gastrointestinal procedures
- Laboratory services
- News Releases