Scripps Health Launches Special Web Site for Mobile Devices
New Web site gives consumers vital health information on the go
San Diego – Scripps Health has launched a new version of its public Web site that is tailored for viewing on personal mobile communication devices, offering consumers a convenient way to access important health information while they’re on the go.
Consumers who log on to www.scripps.org on their mobile devices will automatically be redirected to the new Web site, which is designed to account for the limitations and demands of mobile units. The mobile site offers an abbreviated version of Scripps’ full Web site, featuring seven of its most popular topic areas, including:
- Urgent Care & Emergency Departments (addresses, phone numbers and maps for Scripps’ two urgent care centers and four emergency departments)
- Location Directions & Contacts (address, phone numbers and maps for all five Scripps hospital campuses, 10 Scripps Clinic locations and nine Scripps Coastal Medical Center locations)
- Doctor Finder (search engine for Scripps’ 2,600 affiliated physicians, searchable by name or zip code)
- News (recent news releases and consumer health information from Scripps Health)
- Events & Classes (upcoming health and wellness events offered by Scripps Health)
- Health Conditions (the Scripps Health information library, including articles and medical illustrations on hundreds of health and wellness topics)
- Media Contacts (for members of the news media seeking access to Scripps spokespeople for media stories)
“We designed this new site to make scripps.org more user friendly for consumers who need health information but aren’t near a computer,” said Marc Needham, director, Web technology for Scripps Health. “We think people will appreciate our mobile Web site’s ability to help them with on-the-fly information gathering while on the way to one of our facilities, as well as more leisurely information browsing when they have a few minutes to spare.”
About Scripps Health
Founded in 1924 by philanthropist Ellen Browning Scripps, Scripps Health is a $2 billion nonprofit community health system based in San Diego, Calif. Scripps treats a half-million patients annually through the dedication of 2,600 affiliated physicians and 12,300 employees among its five acute-care hospital campuses, home health care services, and an ambulatory care network of clinics, physician offices and outpatient centers.
Recognized as a leader in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease, Scripps is also at the forefront of clinical research and graduate medical education.
Contact: Steve Carpowich
- News Releases