Will Virtual Colonscopy Detect Colon Cancer or Give It to You?
Julian Nicholas, MD, PhD, a member of the Scripps Clinic Division of Gastroenterology, was interviewed by local and national media regarding his repeated warnings to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) about using CT scans for colon cancer screenings. Dr. Nicholas, who was contracted with the FDA, stated the virtual colonoscopy could unnecessarily expose Americans to a risk of radiation that may lead to abdominal cancers.
- ABC Nightly News with Diane Sawyer: Will Virtual Colonscopy Detect Colon Cancer or Give It to You?
- The New York Times: Scientists Say F.D.A. Ignored Radiation Warnings
- U.S. News and World Report: Too Much Radiation? The FDA Wants to Know
- MSNBC: FDA Suppressed Scan Safety Fears, Staffer Says
- The Washington Times: Scientist Cites Pressure by FDA
Media Contact: Regan Olsson
- Scripps in the News