Scripps Health has announced several executive appointments to its corporate leadership team, as the nonprofit integrated health system further solidifies its core executive group.
The appointments are as follows:
- Ghazala Sharieff, MD, MBA, is now chief medical officer for acute care, clinical excellence and experience. Earlier, Dr. Sharieff served in this role on an interim basis. She previously was Scripps’ chief experience officer and has held other leadership roles with Scripps, Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego and national medical practice group CEP-America (now Vituity) of Emeryville, Calif.
- Anil Keswani, MD, is now chief medical officer for ambulatory and accountable care. This executive oversight includes systemwide clinical service lines and the Scripps Accountable Care Organization. Most recently, Dr. Keswani served in this role on an interim basis. He previously led population health efforts at Scripps Health and earlier served as vice president of medical management at Chicago-based Advocate Healthcare.
- Shane Thielman is now corporate senior vice president and chief information officer. He previously served as interim CIO and has also held leadership roles at Scripps in information management, medical management, project management and strategic planning. Thielman also worked as an administrative resident at Duarte, Calif.-based City of Hope.
- Eric Cole is now corporate senior vice president for human resources. Before being named to lead HR operations at Scripps, Cole held a variety of executive leadership positions in human resources and human capital management for the organization. Earlier, he served as vice president of human resources and administrator of physician services for Presbyterian Healthcare Services of Albuquerque, N.M.
- Barbara Price is now corporate senior vice president for strategy and planning. Previously, Price was corporate senior vice president and chief executive of the Scripps Accountable Care Organization. Earlier, she led business and care line development at Scripps. Before joining Scripps, Price held leadership positions with Kaiser Permanente in Oakland, Calif. and Sharp Healthcare in San Diego.
“These individuals are nationally respected health care leaders, with proven track records of success in their specialty areas,” said Chris Van Gorder, president and CEO of Scripps Health. “We are very fortunate to have such an accomplished team of experts helping to guide the direction of Scripps Health, so we remain on the optimal path to best serve the health care needs of San Diego County.”
Learn more about Scripps Health, a nonprofit integrated health system in San Diego, Calif.