Choosing a partner for your health care is an important decision, and if you’re looking for a physician and health system you can trust, there is no better choice than Scripps. With top doctors and award-winning care throughout San Diego, we can help you find a primary doctor or specialist who is right for you.
Scripps is honored to be ranked by U.S. News & World Report in eight specialties and recently received recognition as one of the Top 15 Health Systems in the nation by Truven Health Analytics for quality care.
Our Doctor Finder offers a star rating system for many of our physicians. It’s based on actual patient satisfaction and feedback.
We provide care on your schedule – with extended morning, evening and weekend hours, three urgent care centers, and four emergency departments.
With five hospital campuses and more than 3,000 primary care physicians and specialists in San Diego, we’re close to your home and work.
High-quality patient care has been the cornerstone of Scripps Health for more than 100 years. Here are a few of our most recent awards:
- Scripps Health has been recognized among the Top 15 Health Systems in the nation by Truven Health Analytics
- Ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and Scripps Green Hospital are the only hospitals in San Diego to receive a 5-star federal rating for the quality of care from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Scripps’ five hospital campuses recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality in the Healthcare Equality Index 2016
- Our respected cancer care program will soon be even stronger — Scripps is partnering with MD Anderson Cancer Center, the nation’s leading cancer center, to give our patients access to advanced treatment protocols, world-renowned sub-specialty expertise and extensive clinical trials
- Scripps Clinic, Scripps Coastal Medical Center and our affiliated medical groups offer locations throughout San Diego County
- Most locations offer extended hours (mornings, evenings and weekends) and appointments within 24 hours for established patients at many offices
- Access to top-rated specialists from 100+ medical and surgical specialties
- Choose from hundreds of primary care physicians from family medicine, pediatrics and internal medicine
- Prenatal care from highly-ranked obstetricians and childbirth services at a top hospital
- Specialty centers offering advanced heart care and cancer treatment
- 3 urgent care centers
- Five hospital campuses with four emergency rooms
- Multilingual doctors and staff at many locations
Choose from thousands of Scripps physicians conveniently located throughout San Diego County — including hundreds of primary care doctors, pediatricians and experts in more than 100 medical and surgical specialties. Plus, you have access to five Scripps hospital campuses from North County to South Bay.
So no matter where you live in San Diego County, you and your family can receive the high-quality, compassionate care that makes us one of the “nation’s best hospitals” according to U.S. News & World Report.
If you’re looking for a doctor who is part of Scripps Clinic or Scripps Coastal Medical Center, you now have another tool to help you find the right doctor – access to a “star” rating system based on the actual patient satisfaction scores for each doctor.
Our patient satisfaction survey is administered through Press Ganey, an independent company, meaning the stars you see on a physician’s profile page in the Doctor Finder are based on actual patient experiences. They are a sign of the high-quality care Scripps provides, and can be used as a guide to help you find the right doctor for you.
Our patients say it best on Yelp:
- “Staff is really genuine and caring.” Meri D.
- “Best doctors – hands down!” Carrie R.
- “Courteous, proficient and excellent service.” John B.
At Scripps, we make it easy to find the right doctor. You’ll find information about our physicians’ experience, clinical interests and philosophy of care on our Doctor Finder. Many physicians also have short videos so you can learn about their philosophy of care.