Women have different health care needs at every stage of their life. That’s why Scripps offers a full spectrum of obstetrics and gynecology services throughout San Diego. Our OB-GYN specialists provide expert, compassionate care for women of all ages. From annual check-ups and contraceptive counseling to obstetrics care and menopause treatment, our obstetricians and gynecologists are dedicated to your health and well-being. It is because of this exceptional care that Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and Scripps Green Hospital are recognized as San Diego’s best hospitals for gynecology by U.S. News and World Report.
Scripps is dedicated to partnering with women for lifelong health and wellness. U.S. News & World Report ranks Scripps as the best in San Diego for gynecology.
Scripps offers a full spectrum of services to help keep you and your baby healthy from pregnancy through delivery. Learn more about maternity care at Scripps.
Scripps physicians and medical professionals provide OB-GYN care at locations throughout San Diego.
Scripps cares for thousands of women with advanced obstetrics and gynecology services for a range of conditions, including:
- Abnormal vaginal or uterine bleeding during or between menstrual periods
- Adenomyosis, in which the lining of the uterus grows into the wall of the uterus and may cause heavy menstrual bleeding, cramping or pain
- Bladder incontinence or overactive bladder, the involuntary release of urine or the sudden and uncontrollable urge to urinate
- Endometriosis, when the uterine lining grows outside of the uterus and may cause heavy menstrual bleeding, excessive cramping, infertility and other problems
- Infertility, the inability to become pregnant or to carry a pregnancy to full term
- Ovarian cysts, fluid-filled sacs that form on the ovaries and may cause nausea or pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse, when pelvic organs, such as the bladder or uterus, shift from their normal position
- Pelvic pain, pain or discomfort in the lower part of the abdomen
- Uterine fibroids, non-cancerous tumors that grow in the uterus
In addition, we provide: