Women have different health care needs at every stage of their life. That’s why Scripps offers a full spectrum of obstetrics and gynecology services throughout San Diego. Our OB-GYN specialists provide expert, compassionate care for women of all ages. From annual check-ups and contraceptive counseling to obstetrics care and menopause treatment, our obstetricians and gynecologists are dedicated to your health and well-being.
Scripps cares for thousands of women with advanced obstetrics and gynecology services for a range of conditions, including:
- Abnormal vaginal or uterine bleeding during or between menstrual periods
- Adenomyosis, in which the lining of the uterus grows into the wall of the uterus and may cause heavy menstrual bleeding, cramping or pain
- Bladder incontinence or overactive bladder, the involuntary release of urine or the sudden and uncontrollable urge to urinate
- Endometriosis, when the uterine lining grows outside of the uterus. Endometriosis symptoms may include heavy menstrual bleeding, excessive cramping, infertility and other problems
- Infertility, the inability to become pregnant or to carry a pregnancy to full term
- Ovarian cysts, fluid-filled sacs that form on the ovaries and may cause nausea or pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse, when pelvic organs, such as the bladder or uterus, shift from their normal position
- Pelvic pain, pain or discomfort in the lower part of the abdomen
- Uterine fibroids, non-cancerous tumors that grow in the uterus
In addition, we provide:
- Caring and compassionate labor and delivery services that include midwife deliveries, natural or medical -assisted childbirth options and breastfeeding support
- Support groups and classes
- Integrative medicine programs
We are now offering Video Visits for some specialty care appointments. If you are interested in scheduling a Video Visit, contact the provider’s office directly. The doctor’s office will work with you to determine if this is the right type of visit for you.