Marni Hillinger, MD
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Integrative Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Integrative Medicine
- Musculoskeletal Disease
Marni Hillinger, MD, is an integrative physiatrist at Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine. She has specialized training in integrative medicine, as well as interventional spine and musculoskeletal care. Her focus is on providing relationship-centered, whole-person integrative care and delivering optimal therapies for spine and sports-related conditions in adult patients.
As an integrative physiatrist, Dr. Hillinger helps patients achieve their best levels of performance and function. She enjoys working with her patients to set healthy lifestyle goals and provide integrative treatment options that include exercise such as yoga, as well as physical therapy, manual therapy and acupuncture. In addition, she believes in the benefits of nutrition, health coaching and mind-body medicine. Dr. Hillinger performs a wide range of procedures, including ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal injections, fluoroscopy-guided injections, non-pharmacologic and conservative pharmacologic treatments.
She can be seen in consultation for spine and musculoskeletal conditions as well as for coaching around lifestyle behavior change.
Outside of her clinical practice, Dr. Hillinger has written multiple book chapters related to integrative medicine strategies in physical medicine and rehabilitation, as well as integrative strategies to manage pain.
She is frequently invited to present at national and international conferences, including the International Congress on Integrative Medicine and Health, the Association of Academic Physiatrists and the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Hillinger enjoys spending time with family and friends, preparing delicious and healthy meals, traveling and spending time outside running, hiking, skiing and climbing.
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2014
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine, 2014
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, MD, 2008
- Kaiser Hospital - Oakland, Internal Medicine, 2009
- New York Presbyterian Hospital, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2013
- Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine, Integrative Medicine, 2018
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Pain Medicine, 2014
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.