Mark Schultzel, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Sports Medicine
As an orthopedic surgeon, Mark Schultzel, MD, specializes in shoulder and elbow reconstructive surgery for patients of all ages. He has a clinical interest in orthopedic procedures, such as shoulder arthroscopy (rotator cuff repair, labral repair), shoulder and elbow arthroplasty (replacements) and instability procedures (Tommy John, Latarjet). He also has an interest in sports medicine and fracture care.
Dr. Schultzel began practicing medicine in 2009. He believes in treating his patients as if they are close friends or family. Dr. Schultzel combines leading-edge technology and honed surgical techniques with empathetic care and compassion.
Dr. Schultzel is a member of the American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Association and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a Gold Humanism Honor Society Awardee and an Eagle Scout.
Dr. Schultzel also has a special interest in the study of arthroscopic techniques in shoulder and elbow surgery, metal allergy, and shoulder arthroplasty.
Outside of the office, Dr. Schultzel enjoys kendo, scuba diving and travel, and volunteers time for USA Kendo and the US Olympic Committee. He also enjoys mentoring students and residents interested in medicine, and spends time doing medical volunteering abroad.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, 2020
- University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, MD, 2009
- University of California, San Diego, General Surgery, 2010
- University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2015
- Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 2016
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.