As president and CEO of Scripps Health since 2000, Chris Van Gorder has been instrumental in positioning Scripps among the nation’s foremost health care institutions. Now he is leading the restructure of the $3.1 billion, integrated health system to best prepare for the changes of health care reform. Read more about Chris Van Gorder.
As Medical Director of the Scripps MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Thomas Buchholz leads a comprehensive and clinically integrated cancer care program that serves patients throughout Southern California. Operated in partnership with The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Scripps MD Anderson brings together Scripps’ history of cancer care excellence in San Diego with the research-based approaches of the nation’s leading cancer program. Read more about Thomas Buchholz.
John Engle is responsible for the operations and management of the Scripps Health Foundation, donor relations and fundraising. He also has executive oversight of Scripps’ marketing, public relations and corporate communications functions. Read more about John Engle.
Carl Etter was named regional chief executive for Scripps Health’s northern region in January 2018. Etter has oversight of three hospital campuses – Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas, Scripps Green Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. His focus is on greater alignment of the care and services provided by these hospitals to ensure high-quality, accessible health care and an exceptional health care experience for Scripps patients in North San Diego County. Read more about Carl Etter.
Shiraz Fagan was named chief operating officer for Scripps Health in September 2017. As COO, she is responsible for operations cost management and the continued integration of Scripps’ five hospital campuses and 30 medical clinics. Read more about Shiraz Fagan.
Tom Gammiere was named regional chief executive for Scripps Health’s southern region in January 2018. Gammiere has oversight of two hospital campuses – Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego and Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista. As a regional chief executive, his focus is on greater alignment of the care and services provided by these hospitals to ensure high-quality, accessible health care and an exceptional health care experience for Scripps patients in South San Diego County. Read more about Tom Gammiere.
June Komar oversees strategic planning, government and community relations and information services. She also has executive oversight for Scripps corporate services administration. Read more about June Komar.
As chief business development and growth officer, Richard Neale is responsible for revenue growth through business and corporate development, contracting and project management. Read more about Richard Neale.
Barbara Price joined Scripps Health in 2001 and is corporate senior vice president and chief executive of the Scripps Accountable Care Organization. In her role, she provides leadership and oversight for the physician-led, high-performing ACO network as it further develops Scripps’ population health care management and clinical care lines. Read more about Barbara Price.
Richard Rothberger has been Scripps' CFO since 2001. He is responsible for corporate finance, treasury, financial and capital planning, payer contracting, revenue cycle, supply chain, real estate and construction and financial operations. Read more about Richard Rothberger.
Lisa Thakur was named corporate senior vice president of ancillary operations in January 2018. In her role she is responsible for most of the ancillary services across the Scripps Health system. This includes home health, laboratory, imaging, surgery, supply chain, endoscopy, and pharmacy. Read more about Lisa Thakur.
- Corporate Vice President, Scripps Health Foundation
- Corporate Vice President, CFO, Scripps Medical Foundation | Scripps ACO | Scripps Health Plan Services
- Corporate Vice President, Human Capital Services
Mary Ellen Doyle, RN
- Corporate Vice President, Nursing Operations
Bradley S. Ellis
- Corporate Vice President, Assistant General Counsel
- Corporate Vice President, Payer Relations, and President of Scripps Health Plan Services
Anil Keswani, MD
- Corporate Vice President, Ambulatory Care and Population Health Management
- Corporate Vice President, Controller
- Corporate Vice President, Treasurer
Athena Philis-Tsimikas, MD
- Corporate Vice President, Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute
- Corporate Vice President, System Improvement, Value by Design
- Corporate Vice President, Construction and Facilities
Ghazala Sharieff, MD
- Corporate Vice President, Chief Experience Officer
- Corporate Vice President, Chief Audit & Compliance Executive
- Corporate Vice President, Revenue Cycle, Central Business Office
- Corporate Vice President, Financial Operations & Performance Improvement