Scripps Health is a $4.3 billion not-for-profit integrated health system in San Diego, California that is ranked among the top 5 medium health systems in the nation by Merative, formerly known as IBM Watson Health.
The organization encompasses:
- Four hospitals on five campuses
- Two of San Diego’s six designated trauma centers (both Level 1)
- More than 3,000 affiliated physicians and nearly 17,000 employees
- Scripps Clinic and Scripps Coastal Medical Center, a network of integrated facilities with specialists from more than 60 medical and surgical specialties at more than 30 outpatient centers
- Same-day, walk-in care at Scripps HealthExpress
- Four emergency rooms and three urgent care centers
- A wide range of health education classes and support services
Founded by philanthropist Ellen Browning Scripps in 1924 and Mother Mary Michael Cummings in 1890, the Scripps health system now extends from Chula Vista to Oceanside. Scripps Health is consistently recognized for providing high-quality health care. Learn more about the organization’s awards and accolades.