Scripps Health is honored to be the recipient of numerous awards and recognition for clinical innovation, quality care and leadership.
- Fortune magazine named Scripps Health among the top employers in the nation on their 21st annual list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Scripps ranked at No. 41 and for the third consecutive year, was the only San Diego-based company to make the list.
- Erik O. Gilbertson, a dermatologist at Scripps Clinic, was named Health Professional Volunteer of the Year by the National Psoriasis Foundation.
- The Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) recognized Scripps Clinic Medical Group for providing high-quality care to Medicare Advantage patients for the second consecutive year. The statewide nonprofit highlights high-value, integrated care that improves quality and affordability for patients.
- For the eighth time in a row, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has received an “A” grade from The Leapfrog Group in its twice-a-year Hospital Safety Grades report. Scripps La Jolla is the only hospital in San Diego County to have a record of straight “As” from Leapfrog for safety.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the combined programs of Scripps Green Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla No. 1 in the San Diego region, No. 6 in California and among the best in the nation in eight specialties – Gynecology (No. 10), Diabetes and Endocrinology (No. 14), Pulmonology (No. 15), Cardiology and Heart Surgery (No. 21), Gastroenterology and GI Surgery (No. 25), Orthopedics (No. 34), Geriatrics (No. 36) and Nephrology (No. 39) – in their annual Best Hospitals list.
- U.S. News & World Report designated the combined programs of Scripps Green Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla as High Performing in cancer, neurology and neurosurgery, rheumatology and urology, and Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego as High Performing in nephrology.
- U.S. News & World Report designated the combined programs of Scripps Green Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla as High Performing in all nine categories of common adult procedures and conditions – abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, aortic valve surgery, heart bypass surgery, heart failure, colon cancer surgery, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, hip replacement, knee replacement and lung cancer surgery – and Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego as High Performing in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- The California Association of Physician Groups (CAPG) awarded Scripps Clinic, Scripps Coastal Medical Center and Scripps Affiliated Medical Group with the CAPG ELITE Award for Standards Excellence.
- Truven Health Analytics named Scripps Health among the top five large health systems in the nation. Scripps was the only California health care system on the Truven Top 15 Health Systems list this year. This is the fifth time Scripps has received the honor.
- Becker’s Hospital Review named Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla one of the 100 Great Hospitals in America for the fourth consecutive year in its list of innovative health care centers that provide high-quality patient care.
- Truven Health Analytics named Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla among the top 100 hospitals in the nation. The 24th annual 100 Top Hospitals® list identified the best hospitals in the United States based on their overall organizational performance, including patient clinical care measures and business efficiency.
- The Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) recognized Scripps Clinic Medical Group and Scripps Coastal Medical Group for providing high-quality care to Medicare Advantage patients.
- Working Mother magazine named Scripps Health one of the 100 Best Companies for working moms for the 13th consecutive year based on Scripps’ strong record of leadership in family benefits and paid leave. Scripps is the only San Diego-based organization on the 2017 Working Mother 100 Best Companies list.
- For the 10th year in a row, Fortune magazine ranked Scripps Health among the top employers in the nation in their 20th annual list of the 100 Best Companies to Work for. Scripps, ranked No. 45, was the only San Diego-based company on the list in 2017.
- Working Mother magazine recognized Scripps Health as one of the 2017 Working Mother 100 Best Companies for outstanding leadership in family benefits and paid leave that supports working moms. Scripps is the only San Diego-based organization on the list.
- Catherine Frenette, MD, medical director of the liver transplantation program at Scripps Green Hospital, has been named Physician of the Year by the American Liver Foundation’s Pacific Coast Division, which includes San Diego and Imperial counties.
- Scripps Health President and CEO Chris Van Gorder was named No. 62 on Modern Healthcare’s annual ranking of the nation’s 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare. This is the ninth time that Van Gorder landed on this prestigious list.
- Hubert Greenway, MD, chairman of Mohs and dermatology surgery at Scripps Clinic received the Frederic E. Mohs Award from the American College of Mohs Surgery at the college’s annual meeting in San Francisco on April 28, 2017.
- Daniel Einhorn, MD, a medical director of the Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute, was named Outstanding Clinical Practitioner by the Endocrine Society, the largest international organization representing professionals in the field of endocrinology.