- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Erica K. Berggren, MD, is a maternal fetal medicine physician, a subspecialty of obstetrics and gynecology. Her clinical care encompasses the full scope of high-risk obstetric care, from preconception counseling through management and delivery of pregnancies complicated by maternal health conditions, complex obstetric histories and fetal complications.
Whether guiding a woman through a complex pregnancy or seeing her for a one-time ultrasound and consultation, Dr. Berggren makes clear communication and an environment of trust a priority. As a physician who cares for both a pregnant woman and her unborn child, she enjoys the unique opportunity to care for both of these patients.
Dr. Berggren is an active member of the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Over several years of research focused on diabetes, obesity and weight gain during pregnancy, Dr. Berggren has co-authored several papers in peer-reviewed journals and presented at national meetings. She has mentored and collaborated with medical students, residents and fellows in training.
When not working, she enjoys her home life with her husband and pets, exploring the beaches of San Diego and hiking through the canyons.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternal and Fetal Medicine, 2017
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2014
- Texas Tech University School of Medicine, MD, 2005
- Georgetown University Medical Center, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2009
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Maternal and Fetal Medicine, 2014
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine, MS, 2011
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.