- Scripps Coastal Medical Center Carlsbad
Robert Coles, MD, provides comprehensive pediatric care for newborns, children and adolescents. Dr. Coles believes that prevention is the key to keeping children healthy, and this is best done by establishing and maintaining a trusting relationship with parents. He strives to practice evidence-based medicine and care for patients with the latest treatment guidelines and recommendations. In addition to his focus on preventive and evidence-based pediatrics, Dr. Coles has particular interests in newborn care and pediatric dermatology.
Dr. Coles has 25 years of experience as a pediatrician and has had the opportunity to provide care in many different settings, including newborn nursery care, hospitals and group practice. He has served as a medical director and has had multiple clinical teaching appointments, including teaching residents and students in the newborn nursery and office settings.
Outside of the office, Dr. Coles enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, as well as travel, sports and movies.
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics, 1996
- McGill University Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, MD, 1993
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Pediatrics, 1996
- Hospital for Sick Children, Neonatology, 1998
- Scripps Coastal Medical Center