Michael Kan, MD
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
Michael Kan, MD, is a diagnostic radiologist specializing in nuclear medicine. His practice includes diagnostic nuclear medicine, therapeutic nuclear medicine and PET/CT scans. Through diagnostic nuclear medicine, Dr. Kan provides diagnostic imaging for a variety of diseases including heart disease, brain disorders, cancer, lung disease, endocrine disorders, bone disease, hepatobiliary disorders, gastrointestinal disease, renal disease, infections and painful syndromes. He also provides therapy for hyperactive thyroid, thyroid cancer, bone pain from cancer and radioisotope therapy for lymphoma through therapeutic nuclear medicine. In addition, he uses PET/CT studies to provide valuable diagnostic molecular information on cancer, heart disease and dementia.
Dr. Kan’s goal is to offer state-of-the-art, comprehensive, patient-centric care. He also seeks to provide convenient consultations for referring healthcare providers.
In his spare time he enjoys listening to classical music. His favorite composers are Bach, Beethoven, Haydn, Mozart, Chopin, Schubert and more.
- American Board of Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, 1974
- University of Hong Kong, MD, 1968
- Queen Mary Hospital, Internship-Medicine, 1969
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Internship-Medicine, 1968
- University of Oregon Health Sciences Center, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, 1973
- Queens Medical Center, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, 1971
- University of California at Berkeley, Nuclear Medicine, 1974
Scripps Clinic Medical Group