Renee Nelson, MD
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Renee M. Nelson, MD, is an obstetrician and gynecologist (OB-GYN), providing comprehensive obstetric care, well-woman care and treatment for gynecologic problems. Areas of particular interest include low and high-risk obstetrics, adolescent gynecology, and hysteroscopic and laparoscopic surgery.
Dr. Nelson takes extra time to get to know her patients, which enables them to be more open and comfortable discussing personal issues. She values these relationships and enjoys learning about her patients’ lives outside of the exam room.
When she is not caring for patients she enjoys spending time with her family and cooking – especially baking and cake decorating. She also stays active with running, cycling, yoga and weight training.
Dr. Nelson practices obstetrics and gynecology at Scripps Clinic, department of obstetrics and gynecology, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla Campus, which was formerly known as North County OB-GYN Medical Group, Inc.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2004
- George Washington University, MD, 1997
- George Washington University Hospital, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1998
- George Washington University Hospital, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2001
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.