- Phone Number
- Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines
- Neurological Surgery
- Vascular Neurology
Vascular neurologist and endovascular neurosurgeon Scott Olson, MD understands that cerebrovascular disease profoundly impacts patients and their families. He is excited to be involved in this rapidly evolving field because new advances offer hope to relieve some of this burden.
Dr. Olson strives to provide highest quality, evidence-based care to patients, from diagnosis through treatment and follow–ups. He specializes in the medical management and endovascular treatment of a wide variety of complex cerebrovascular diseases that affect the blood vessels of the brain including ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, brain aneurysms, brain vascular malformations and cerebrovascular stenosis.
Dr. Olson is fellowship trained in both vascular neurology and endovascular neurosurgery and is able to perform minimally invasive procedures to correct complex brain disorders including stroke and aneurysm.
Throughout his career he has received multiple awards and accolades, including being named as a San Diego “Top Doctor” in vascular neurology by the San Diego County Medical Society.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Olson enjoys playing tennis and spending time with his family.
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology, Neurology, 2005
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, MD, 1999
- University of Arizona Health Science Center, Internal Medicine, 2000
- University of Arizona Health Science Center, Neurology, 2003
- University of California, San Diego, Interventional Neuroradiology & Endovascular Neuro, 2006
- University of California, San Diego, Cerebrovascular Disease, 2004
- Scripps Clinic