Showing 61-70 news of 339 total
Eric Topol, MD, expressed concern in a recent news article about new guidelines that advise doctors to prescribe cholesterol-lowering drugs to more patients.
- Sunday, November 20th, 2016
- Scripps Clinic
Scripps Clinic interventional cardiologist Matthew Price, MD, implants innovative stroke prevention device that close a hole in the heart.
- Monday, November 14th, 2016
- Scripps Clinic, John R. Anderson V Medical Pavilion
A Scripps Health patient has become the first on the West Coast to be implanted with the Amplatzer PFO Occluder.
- Sunday, November 13th, 2016
- Scripps Clinic, John R. Anderson V Medical Pavilion, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Scripps Clinic cardiologist Thomas Ahern, MD, was recently featured in an article in the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Twenty-five years after Scripps Clinic physicians saved the life of Mother Teresa, Pope Francis declared the exalted Roman Catholic nun a saint.
- Sunday, October 30th, 2016
- Scripps Clinic
Scripps Clinic cardiologists became the first in San Diego County to replace a failing aortic heart valve using a minimally invasive procedure.
- Monday, October 24th, 2016
- Scripps Clinic, Scripps Clinic, John R. Anderson V Medical Pavilion
Efforts to screen more young athletes for sudden cardiac arrest risk gained traction recently with the signing of a new law in California.
- Sunday, October 9th, 2016
- Scripps Clinic, John R. Anderson V Medical Pavilion, Scripps Clinic
A recent edition of EP Lab Digest featured an extensive report on the electrophysiology program at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.
- Thursday, September 15th, 2016
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
U.S. News & World Report ranks Scripps hospitals among best in nation, including for heart care for 2016-17.
Prominent philanthropist Conrad Prebys passed away on July 24, and a wide range of media outlets covered the indelible mark he made with his generosity.