Our women’s integrative medicine programs and services use evidence-based natural and holistic treatments blended with traditional medicine. We treat a wide variety of conditions common among women at various stages of life.
Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine provides a comprehensive range of integrative treatments and therapies for women, including:
- Comprehensive evaluation — We will talk with you about your symptoms, health history, lifestyle and current health issues. We will also conduct a physical examination as needed.
- Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy — Made from plants, bio-identical hormones are chemically identical to those produced by the body.
- Botanical medicine — Treatments derived from plants can be used to help treat or prevent illness.
- Nutrition consultation — Our nutrition specialists will evaluate your diet and offer recommendations to improve your health.
- Nutritional supplements — Nutritional supplements can be taken to add vitamins, minerals, herbs or other nutrients to the diet or to address specific health problems.
- Acupuncture — Acupuncture uses very thin, virtually painless needles to stimulate healing energy for spiritual, emotional, mental and physical balance.
- Biofeedback — Sensitive, noninvasive medical sensors are placed on the skin to measure bodily processes, such as blood pressure, digestive functioning and muscle tension, and to provide information to help you learn to control them.
- Healing Touch — This energy-based, noninvasive treatment manipulates and balances the electromagnetic fields surrounding the body to restore and balance energy to help decrease pain and anxiety.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program — Learn to cope with stress, pain and illness through breath awareness, meditation, restorative yoga and other mind-body methods.
- Personal training — Certified personal trainers develop personalized exercise programs to help you improve strength, flexibility and cardiovascular endurance.
- Mind-body classes — Our multi-level classes help you fine-tune your mind-body connection and take charge of your health.
- Fitness classes — Boost your fitness with a variety of group exercise classes, including aquatic aerobics, spinning and therapeutic yoga.
- Therapeutic massage — Our professional massage therapists offer various types of massage therapy, including Swedish massage, deep tissue massage and more.
- Healthy cooking classes — Learn how to cook healthy vegetarian and vegan meals with a focus on preventing disease, reducing obesity and improving chronic health issues.
Our specialists have expertise in integrative medicine, women’s health, thyroid health, medical acupuncture, weight loss and stress management. We believe the mind-body-spirit framework of integrative medicine offers a sustainable approach to health and wellness. Rather than just focusing on the disease, we consider the emotional and spiritual aspects of health for total well-being.
We offer integrative women’s health services at Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine. Please call for more information or to make an appointment.