We make it easy to find a family medicine doctor in San Diego — whether at Scripps Clinic, Scripps Coastal Medical Center or one of our affiliated medical groups. Our family medicine doctors care for every member of your family, from newborns to teens, parents and grandparents.
Our doctors and care teams want to establish a long-term relationship with you and your family to keep you healthy, prevent illness and manage your wellness goals. As part of the Scripps network, we are conveniently located throughout San Diego and accept a growing list of health plans.
Family medicine doctors provide care for patients of all ages.
- Ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report
- Award-winning hospitals
- 100+ medical specialties
- Through Scripps partnership with MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, patients will soon have access to the nation’s leading cancer treatment protocols and clinical trials
Did you know that Scripps family medicine doctors are available to you through more health plans than ever?
Our family medicine physicians can help you manage a variety of health care concerns, from preventive care and annual physicals to performing common outpatient medical procedures.
- Preventive screenings
- Routine check-ups
- Health risk assessments
- Personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, mental health and other long-term conditions
- Family planning and regular gynecological screenings, such as breast exams and Pap smears
- Men’s health
- Children’s health care and well-child visits, including developmental screenings, immunizations and parental guidance
- Geriatric care
- Sports medicine
- Referrals to specialists who are among the nation’s best
Our family practitioners deliver comprehensive, expert medical and preventive care compassionately, serving as your health care advocate and helping to guide you in health-related matters. To develop your personal treatment plan to help you stay healthy, your family physician will ask questions about your family health history and lifestyle to determine your health risk factors.
We also offer 24-hour urgent care for adult and pediatric patients in San Diego, as well as extended hours at many of our locations.