Scripps Mercy Hospital in San Diego offers four 12-month postgraduate year one (PGY-1) pharmacy resident positions and two postgraduate year two (PGY-2) positions (one in Critical Care and one in Psychiatry).
The PGY1 program has been accredited since 2002 by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Residents at Scripps Mercy are trained to deliver pharmaceutical care in a variety of acute care settings.
Learn more about the program to determine if you would make a good match.
- PGY-1 program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists since 2002
- Nine inpatient satellite locations and one central pharmacy
- 24/7 pharmacy department
- Oncology infusion center staffed by clinical pharmacists
- Schedules are tailored to individual experience, interests and career goals
- Earn a teaching certificate
- Annually we train 55+ medical residents
- Affiliated with six pharmacy schools
- Trains 20+ fourth-year PharmD candidates annually
- 30+ clinical pharmacists on staff
- Direct access to pharmacy faculty
- Residents conduct IRB-approved research
- Residents are considered “house staff” and have similar privileges as medical residents
- Precepts fourth year PharmD students (PGY-1)
- Precepts pharmacy residents (PGY-2)
- Pharmacist faculty: 18+
- Physician faculty: 44, 50 part-time
- Average hours per week of lectures/conferences: 5
- Residents present their research at international and national meetings
- Broad depth of clinical rotations
- Level I Trauma Center
- Busiest emergency department in San Diego
- Certified Stroke and STEMI receiving center
- Licensed for 700 acute care beds
- Scripps Mercy Hospital was recognized on U.S. News & World Report as High Performing in nephrology.
- Ranked top 20 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For”