Emily Fenton Hunte Breast Care Center
Mon - Fri: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Mon - Fri: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Self-parking is $5 for 31 minutes to four hours. Valet services are available for an $8 flat fee. A discounted parking voucher is available to patients who require treatment three or more times in a single week.
- Coffee cart
- Valet parking (may be unavailable due to COVID)
- Gift shop
- Paid parking (cash and credit)
Scripps breast care specialists offer breast imaging and other services in La Jolla
The Emily Fenton Hunte Breast Care Center, located at the main entrance to Scripps Green Hospital, offers a private, caring environment for women. We provide routine mammograms, biopsies and other care as needed. Our center is accredited by National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and the American College of Radiology and offers comprehensive breast care in a relaxing, spa-like environment.
- Spa-like atmosphere and ocean view
- Early morning and late afternoon appointments
- Full-service coffee cart
- Paid or valet parking
The Emily Fenton Hunte Breast Care Center provides outstanding care to support a woman’s breast health. Opened in December 2013, the facility has the latest technology, and the most experienced staff, to ensure accurate screening.
Our breast specialists offer expert care in a warm, supportive environment. No matter how routine mammography is for us, we know it is not routine for you. We give you the time and attention you deserve. We discuss the procedure with you in detail and encourage you to ask any questions you may have.
A visit to our breast care center may be one of the most important things you do for your health. Our caring and professional breast specialists provide you with the advanced, personalized care you deserve, in a supportive, peaceful environment.
Features of our care include:
Early detection saves lives. When we detect problems in the early stages, treatments are more successful. The Emily Fenton Hunte Breast Care Center offers advanced digital mammography, combined with computer-aided detection software, to deliver the most accurate results. Our experienced physicians, nurses and technicians ensure that your procedure is as comfortable as possible.
A tradition of excellence
As part of the integrated cancer services at Scripps, the Emily Fenton Hunte Breast Care Center is equipped with a complete range of cancer care services. Our patients have access to innovative technology and the latest clinical trials. In addition, if we detect a problem, we have the expertise and experience to guide you through the next steps and beyond.
We understand that coming in for any medical procedure can be difficult, particularly one as personal as a mammogram. We strive to make your visit as stress-free as possible. We designed our center to provide you with a warm, relaxing and comfortable experience.
We tailor our care to your unique needs. Your personal and family history, your general health, your preferences and expectations are different than anyone else’s, and our care reflects that. We offer you the care you need, whether it’s regular mammography exams, other procedures or support during treatment.
What is a mammogram?
A mammogram, or mammography, is a low-energy X-ray procedure. A mammogram is a critically important diagnostic test that helps detect breast cancer early, when it is most treatable. At the Emily Fenton Hunte Breast Care Center on the campus of Scripps Green Hospital in La Jolla, we believe all women should get regular mammograms. We designed a comfortable and welcoming facility to make it easy and convenient for you to get the care you need.
Our goal is to provide outstanding care and support each patient’s needs. That means:
- Diagnostic mammography in a safe, caring environment
- Expert follow-up care when necessary, supporting you through all phases of treatment
- Combining sophisticated technology and experienced clinicians to offer comprehensive care so important to the healing process
The center combines experience, compassion and the most advanced technology to provide thorough and sensitive breast care. Whether you need a screening mammogram, a follow-up breast biopsy or other services, our staff will help you get the care you need.
Types of breast imaging and breast care services
We offer the full spectrum of breast care:
- Digital mammography for screening and diagnosis. This advanced mammography test uses a low-dose X-ray that passes through your breast tissue to create a high-contrast, high-resolution image of the breast. These images can reveal any potential tumors or abnormalities even before you or a doctor can feel them. Read more about digital mammography.
- Computer-aided detection software for enhanced accuracy
- Advanced biopsy technology. We may recommend a biopsy to confirm a diagnosis. Advanced biopsy methods offer the greatest accuracy and precision, such as ultrasound-guided breast biopsy and stereotactic breast biopsy.
- Genetic testing for BRCA and other breast cancer markers. Our genetic counselors will discuss with you whether genetic testing is right for you.
- Breast-specific gamma imaging (BSGI). This advanced nuclear medicine technique can detect issues not found during standard mammograms.
- Breast ultrasound. This technique uses sound waves to produce pictures of the insides of the breast. Doctors sometimes order a breast ultrasound to screen for breast cancer and abnormalities in high-risk patients or women with dense breasts. Learn more about ultrasounds.
- Support at every phase. Our nurse coordinator provides assistance and support before, during and after procedures.
- Access to the full resources of Scripps. Our center is a part of the integrated cancer care at Scripps, providing access to genetic testing, cancer navigators, patient support groups, clinical trials and the complete spectrum of cancer therapies.
Information for patients and visitors
Emily Fenton Hunte Breast Care Center is located on a busy medical campus with Scripps Green Hospital. Below you’ll find tips to make your visit as seamless as possible.
Directions and parking
There are two ways to enter the Scripps Green Hospital campus from North Torrey Pines Road. The entrance at Scripps Clinic South Driveway leads to a parking lot in front of the hospital. The entrance at John J. Hopkins Drive routes you in front of Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines, where there is open and covered parking. The hospital and clinic parking lots are connected.
Download and print our campus map (PDF, 1000 KB).
Scripps Green Hospital and Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines charge for parking after 30 minutes. We also offer valet parking for a flat fee (may be unavailable due to COVID). Our rates are as follows:
- First 30 minutes: Free
- 31 minutes to 4 hours: $5
- 4 hours to all day: $10
- Maximum per day: $10
- Valet parking: $8 (may be unavailable due to COVID)
Parking for disabled visitors and clergy is free. Visitors with disabilities must present their parking placards to parking gate attendants. Clergy can receive validation from the hospital security office.
We accept cash and credit card payments for parking. For your convenience, ATMs are located on the first floor of the hospital (near the cafeteria), and in the Geisel Pavilion lobby.