Located off Genesee Avenue, just east of I-5 in the UTC area of La Jolla, Scripps Whitter Diabetes Institute provides screenings, education and support services to people with prediabetes, gestational diabetes, and type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Our diabetes services include:
- One-on-one training on continuous glucose monitoring and insulin pumps
- Customized health planning, including medical nutrition therapy and exercise strategies
- Community programs, including peer support groups
- Access to clinical trials
- Multilingual educational handouts
The Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute continues to serve patients by providing video visits for diabetes self-management education, diabetes prevention, and nutrition consultations for a variety of health conditions. Video visits are covered by most health insurance with a physician referral. Call 858-678-7050 to learn more and to schedule an appointment.
We also offer diabetes education and training to professional audiences.
Plenty of free parking is available on site.