The Savvy Patient - Measure Intake, Increase Activities to Lose Weight
In this week’s installment of The San Diego Union-Tribune’s “Savvy Patient” column, Scripps Health provides insights into the issue of keeping weight loss goals.
During the holiday season, many people made New Year’s resolutions to lose weight. And while there are no hard statistics on how many will be successful, there are several practical strategies to consider that can help keep goals on track.
- Get a scale and weigh in regularly
- Exercise three to five hours per week for effective weight loss
- Watch calories; consider a daily journal
- Assess the home and work environment for unhealthy foods – avoid the candy dish
Read the full article for more: Measure intake, increase activities to lose weight
- Rachel Lichterman
- Follow me: @janicecollins
- Scripps in the News