- Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Kelly Fan, MD, is a pulmonologist and critical care specialist at Scripps Clinic. He has clinical expertise in advanced asthma, bronchoscopy, COPD, interstitial lung disease, lung cancer, pleural diseases and pulmonary vascular disease. In addition to his outpatient pulmonary practice, Dr. Fan treats critically ill patients in the intensive care unit.
Dr. Fan has been practicing medicine since 2013. He believes a strong patient-doctor relationship is fostered through open and honest communication. His goal is to provide a welcoming environment where patients feel empowered through a shared decision-making process.
Dr. Fan is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians and American Thoracic Society. He was the recipient of the prestigious Om P. Sharma Clinical Excellence Award in 2019.
When he is not at work, he enjoys playing basketball, reading and traveling with his family.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, 2019
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, 2018
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2016
- University of California, San Diego, MD, 2013
- Scripps Clinic, Internal Medicine, 2016
- University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine, 2019
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.