- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Shannon Hart, DO, specializes in obstetrics and gynecology with an emphasis on medical and surgical management of general gynecology, adolescent gynecology, pelvic pain, urogynecology, vulvar skin disorders and labiaplasty, cervical dysplasia and infertility. Dr. Hart cares for patients with moderate pregnancy risks such as gestational diabetes and gestational hypertension. She is skilled in minimally invasive gynecologic and robotic surgery for a range of conditions.
A veteran of the U.S. Navy, Dr. Hart served as Staff Obstetrician/Gynecologist in Afghanistan, where she led a trauma team and provided advanced trauma life support for combat casualties. In addition, she provided gynecologic and obstetric consultation to forward operating medical bases, and mentored local Afghani physicians. As an obstetrician/gynecologist at U.S Naval Hospital Yokosuka in Japan, Dr. Hart provided gynecologic and obstetrical care for deployed service women and service family members.
In her free time, Dr. Hart enjoys roller derby, tap dancing, cooking and spending time with her husband, daughter and two dogs in the pool and camping.
- American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2022
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2010
- Des Moines University Osteopathic Medical Center, DO, 2003
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, 2004
- Naval Medical Center San Diego, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2007
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.