- Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine
- Spanish, Farsi, English
Dr. Maryam Afshar is a dermatologist whose interests include medical and surgical dermatology, predominately skin cancer. She is passionate about the management of skin disease and skin cancer prevention.
Dr. Afshar has published more than 20 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. She has received research grants from the National Psoriasis Foundation, Acne and Rosacea Foundation and British Association of Dermatologists. As a dermatology resident, she received the Beiersdorf Resident of Distinction Award and was a finalist for the Medelita “The Right” Fit H.E.R.O. (Honoring Excellent Resident Observations) for her work.
- American Board of Dermatology, Dermatology, 2016
- King's College London School of Medicine, MD, 2011
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Internship-Medicine, 2013
- University of California, San Diego, Dermatology, 2016
- University of California, San Diego, Dermatology
- Scripps Clinic