- Phone Number
- Scripps Clinic Torrey Pines
- Bariatric Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
Matthew Skinner, MD, is a gastroenterologist and interventional endoscopist in San Diego who specializes in the treatment of pancreaticobiliary disease, advanced polyps and early cancers of the gastrointestinal tract, obesity, reflux and swallowing disorders.
His clinical and research interests include image-enhanced endoscopy, nonsurgical resection of advanced polyps and early cancers utilizing endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR), endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD), full-thickness resection (EFTR) and submucosal tunneling with endoscopic resection (STER). He treats swallowing disorders such as achalasia, performing peroral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) as well as rigid balloon dilation. He also treats reflux utilizing antireflux mucosotomy (ARMS) and transoral incisionless fundoplication techniques (TIF).
In addition, Dr. Skinner is trained in bariatric endoscopy to perform nonsurgical endoscopic procedures in the management of obesity, including endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG) as well as assist in the management of bariatric surgery complications, including weight regain after surgery.
He believes that a great doctor-patient relationship and a multidisciplinary approach drive success in the management of complex problems.
In his free time he enjoys being active and outdoors with his family.
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, 2018
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 2015
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, MD, 2012
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, Internal Medicine, 2015
- New York University Medical Center, Therapeutic Endoscopy, 2019
- Brigham & Women's Hospital, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 2018
- Scripps Clinic