- Bariatric Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
Pascal Bortz, MD, is a fellowship trained surgeon with advanced skills in laparoscopic, robotic and bariatric surgery. Dr. Bortz performs colorectal, bariatric, hernia, cholecystectomy and surgical oncology cases.
Dr. Bortz believes his role as a surgeon is not only to be an expert in diagnosing disease and operating, but also to get to know the unique personality and circumstances of each patient.
He has presented his study on abdominal hernia repair at the American College of Surgeons national conference. His project on intraoperative local anesthetic to improve post-operative pain in bariatric surgery was presented at the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons national meeting.
Dr. Bortz lives in University City with his wife and two children. He enjoys playing tennis, bowling, scuba diving and cooking.
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery (General Surgery), 2020
- Saba University School of Medicine, MD, 2013
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, General Surgery, 2014
- Riverside University Health System Medical Center, General Surgery, 2019
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, General Surgery, 2015
- Maimonides Hospital Brooklyn, Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery, 2020
Olde Del Mar Surgical