William Bugbee, MD
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
- Joint Reconstructive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
William Bugbee, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon with clinical expertise in surgery for arthritis of the hip, knee and ankle, as well as joint replacement and reconstruction. He is also experienced in cartilage restoration and osteochondral allograft transplantation, which uses healthy cartilage to fill in areas of damaged cartilage.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Bugbee has research interests in biologic response to implants, innovation in knee replacement technique and design, osteochondral transplantation, cartilage tissue engineering and biologic joint repair. He has also written extensively on joint reconstruction and osteochondral transplantation.
Dr. Bugbee believes that thoroughly listening to patients is the best way to determine how to help them and seeks to provide patients with the information necessary to make informed decisions about their care.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopedics, 1997
- University of California, San Diego, MD, 1988
- University of California, San Diego, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1994
- Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute, Joint Reconstructive Surgery, 1995
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.