Cara Cuc Sheppard, CNM, NP
- Nurse Practitioner-Women's Health
- Midwife, Certified Nurse
- Midwife, Certified
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Nurse Midwife
Cara Cuc Sheppard, CNM, is a certified nurse midwife and women’s health nurse practitioner who provides pregnancy, sexual and reproductive, gynecologic health, family planning, adolescent, and menopausal care to culturally and gender diverse patients. She believes in advocating for her patients through shared decision-making positively impacting their health.
She respects human dignity. She supports low intervention births and vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) deliveries. She offers a safe space for patients with a history of sexual trauma. She walks by her patient’s side to ensure that any obstacles are easier to overcome, providing the highest level of compassionate and empathetic care.
When not at work, she is traveling with her husband and two boys. She enjoys growing flowers organically and sustainably — grounding herself and connecting with Mother Nature.
- American Midwifery Certification Board, Certified Nurse, 2022
- National Certification Corporation, Nurse Practitioner-Women's Health, 2022
- Georgetown University School of Nursing, MSN, Nursing in Nurse-Midwifery & Women's Health Nurse Practitioner, 2022
If you see an error or omission on a provider’s profile page, please contact us.