- Scripps Clinic Rancho San Diego
- Spanish, Norwegian, English
As a dermatologist, Erik Gilbertson, MD, is experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer, acne, psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo (a condition that causes depigmentation of some areas of the skin) and other skin disorders.
Dr. Gilbertson is involved in clinical research studies for new psoriasis treatments and is a featured speaker at the National Psoriasis Foundation meetings. He is also involved in the education of new dermatologists as a volunteer assistant clinical professor in the department of medicine at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD).
Dr. Gilbertson was nominated as one of San Diego’s Top Doctors by the San Diego County Medical Society for the past four years. He has also been the director of the Regional Hansen’s Disease Center in San Diego, CA since 2010.
He is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, past president of the San Diego Dermatological Society and past head of the division of dermatology at Scripps Clinic.
Dr. Gilbertson is a San Diego native and fluent in both Spanish and Norwegian.
- American Board of Dermatology, Dermatology, 1996
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, MD, 1992
- Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Internal Medicine, 1993
- University of California, San Diego, Dermatology, 1996
- Scripps Clinic